It is that time of year. During the holiday season, fitness businesses often experience a small lull. Don’t worry though because Santa Clause comes to town every year with New Year’s Resolutions. In contrast, January is one of the most popular months of the year to start new fitness programs. As a trainer and a small business owner, I can say from experience that we are about to hit one of the busiest times of the year. As a result, we need to be prepared to handle our new and returning clients’ fitness goals.
TrueCoach is utilized by several small business owners and is one of the best tools to help you keep track of your client’s goals and progress. Whether you currently use TrueCoach for your business or you are a prospective customer, I encourage you to read on to learn how to best use the technology to help your clients.
Here are 6 ways you can use TrueCoach software to help your clients’ with their New Year’s Resolutions:
- Goals Tab: this tool is simple and straight to the point. TrueCoach software has a shareable “Goals” tab that allows your clients to write down their goals while you have access to the same tab. Personally, I like to write out my clients’ goals with a realistic and achievable deadline. It may always change and is editable, but it is good to have it written down, so you and your client can hold him or her accountable.
- Nutrition Plan: if you have clients with weight or nutrition goals, one of the best ways to track their plan of attack is through the TrueCoach Nutrition Plan. This is one of my favorite features of TrueCoach, because it speaks to the holistic nature of what personal trainers essentially do. Research has shown us that weight goals cannot be accomplished purely with exercise, but oftentimes new clients seeking personal trainers are looking for someone to help them on a weight loss or gain journey–particularly during the New Year. With TrueCoach’s Nutrition Plan feature, you can assign varied daily macros to your client, so they have a good idea of what a balanced nutrition plan looks like that suits their needs. As a coach, you can also set a percentage that is the “wiggle room” allowed when it comes to deviation from the assigned plan. If you have additional information regarding specific suggestions for meal plans you would like to relay to your client, the TrueCoach Nutrition Plan also has a file upload feature where you can share additional content with your client.
- Metrics: In my experience, clients that are athletes or exhibit a competitive mindset are highly motivated by metrics. The metrics tab in TrueCoach gives you the ability to track specific outcomes such as a 5K run, 1RM, or max plank time hold. You can customize these metrics to suit your preferred units and even target results, and TrueCoach will automatically generate a graph of your client’s data. Visually seeing progress is an absolute must for most clients, and tracking metrics make it easy to show retest improvement over time, which is often a motivating factor.
- Make a Plan (with Dates): whether your clients operate on a monthly, weekly, or yearly subscription, I encourage you to utilize TrueCoach’s “Plan.” Personally, I have several clients that operate on a monthly subscription, and being able to write a monthly plan with dates and short-term specific goals helps me to better write programs. If you incorporate periodization into any of your clients’ workouts, the plan is a great way to keep track of which phase you are in, and what you and your client’s goals are.
- Progress Picture Library: some new clients may shy away from taking progress pictures, but if you train any bodybuilders or clients with appearance-oriented goals, this can be a great way to visually track progress. The progress pictures can even be logged and organized by a front, side, and back view.
- Weight Tracker: simply put, the weight tracker feature allows your clients to upload their weight, so they can graphically track their progress to their weight loss or gain goals. This feature is easy to use, and can be a great way to show your clients how far they’ve come. A narrow mindset can often be discouraged by 0.2 lbs of weight in the wrong direction. If you have your weight tracker tool to fall back on you can use it to show your client the bigger picture of how far he or she has come since Day 1.
All new or existing clients with New Year’s Resolutions are essentially after one thing, progress. Throughout this blog, you may have started to pick up on a common theme: TrueCoach helps you to visually track progress. With the TrueCoach features described above, you have the ability to keep your clients on track towards their 2022 goals. When utilized properly, these tools can even be a motivational factor for your clients. With all the fitness business preparation that you are doing for New Year’s Resolution season, be sure to incorporate these 6 helpful TrueCoach features into your game plan.
CLICK HERE TO START YOUR FREE 14-DAY TRAIL TODAY!